Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You only write when you need us...

One of the foremost T-Shirt sites on the internet is Threadless.com. A few things set them apart from the other sites that rule the search engines. The first is that generally their T-shirts are of a higher caliber than other T-shirt sites (speaking of the designs). The other thing is that all the designs are user-submitted. There are hundreds of designs constantly up for voting by T-shirt fans, and the ones that do well end up getting printed. Pretty cool, eh?

I decided I'd put myself up for potential public ridicule and submit a T-shirt. The problem was that if I had an idea good enough to possibly get chosen, I'd want to keep it for my own web site. So I chose an idea that's been in the back of my mind for a while that doesn't really fit the "look" I'm going for on my own site. So please, go on over to Threadless and give my design some love (in the form of giving it a high vote - you'll have to choose a user name and password). Leave a comment under it as well if you feel so inclined (and if you're feeling friendly).

So what's my concept? Well, argyle and Space Invaders- together at last. Of course! The black one is based on the colors of the original game (but toned down a bit!). The other is a subtler color scheme.


Here's that link again: Michael's Threadless Submission

5 comments:

jess smart smiley said...

Argyle and Space Invaders---it's a hit!

zohner said...

That is brilliant. I love the design.

Anonymous said...

freakin' brilliant. love it!

zohner said...

I still want one. I have a friend that wants one too. Special order?

Michael Phipps said...

I'm definitely flattered you like the shirt. I wish it was easier to do a special order for only two shirts, but unfortunately it takes a long time to produce a new design.